Saturday, July 12, 2014

Today's reason I am excited to turn 26

Recently, my mom came into town and brought with her my birth certificate for me to keep. I was briefly glancing over it when I noticed something that just went all over me. All of my life my mother has told me that I was born at 7:06pm on July 15, 1988. Well, in actuality, she only got most of that right. She blames it on the fact that she went through 36 hours of dry labor only to end up having to have a C-section. She says she was so delirious by that point that she didn't know which way was up, much less what time of day it was. Yes, I have heard about this birth experience more than once.

So today's reason for why I am looking forward to my birthday is because this year I get to do something for the very first time. I get to celebrate my actual time of birth, 7:06 A.M. It seems like a small detail, but I always believed I was a night baby. And everyone would always joke that that is why I absolutely hate mornings and always stay up way into the wee hours of the morning. Well, I guess we were all wrong. I am actually a morning baby!

The only bad part? I have no idea how I am actually going to make myself get up that early in the morning to be able to celebrate the actual moment of my birth! But I better figure it out since I have been off by 12 hours every other year. This is my first year to get it right!

Have you ever found out something about yourself that surprised you? Share below!

No comments: