Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Book Review Tuesday:

I've been doing a ton of reading lately, but haven't posted any book reviews yet. Therefore, I decided to start a new weekly post for the blog, "Book Review Tuesday", and it begins today! This first review is actually one I did a while back, but I still wanted to post it.

Let me know what you think! And share your thoughts on the book if you have read it! Enjoy!


Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers



 I read Redeeming Love based on the recommendation of a friend. I have to say that it is not the type of book that I normally would pick up, but since I am broadening my horizons I gave it a try. I made a good decision.

 It centers around a young woman named Angel brought up in a horrible life of prostitution from a very young age. A man named Micahel Hosea rescues her. Well, he thinks he is rescuing her but she wants nothing to do with him. The story follows the trials and tribulations that face a girl with a dark, shameful past and a God-fearing, Christian man.

The story is a Christian novel, which again is not something I have familiarity with reading, but the Christian themes are played in so well that it does not feel like you are sitting through a sermon. It simply made you realize the affect your faith can have on your life. The idea that everything can be dealt with if you trust in God is central throughout the story. Granted, there are some things in the story that are hard to believe. Such as a man's willingness to forgive as quickly as Michael does. But it is portrayed to be testimony of his faith in God.

Francine Rivers did a wonderful job of making you fall in love with her characters even though you knew of all of their misgivings. Most people cannot relate to a prostitute but people can relate to wishing you had not done something in your past. Everyone has something they regret and there are times that that regret makes you feel unworthy of something or someone. That is Angel in a nutshell.
 

Overall rating: 4.5 stars

 
-Lyndsey Mosley


Click here to purchase a copy from Amazon.

No comments: