Wednesday, May 7, 2014
So a few weeks ago something pretty awesome happened. This little ol' blog of mine was nominated for a Liebster Award! How cool is that! A great blogger by the name of Shauna at Freckles and Curse Words is the fabulous fellow blogger that gave me this really neat nomination. If you aren't already familiar with her blog, then you should definitely go check it out. It's pretty hilarious and very relatable! Luckily, Shauna also explained what a Liebster Award is since I am pretty new to this and was pretty clueless. I also Googled. I seriously can't get through one day without Googling something. There are some rules involved so let's get those out of the way first.
1. Thank the person that gave you such an awesome nomination...and be sure to link back to them in your post!
2. Show how proud of your Liebster you are by displaying the badge for it somewhere on your blog!
3. Answer the 11 questions that you provided with by the person that nominated you.
4. Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Pick 5-11 blogs with not a lot of followers yet and nominate them for their first Liebster.
6. Come up with the 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
7. Make sure you list the rules in your post!!
8. Comment on the blogs you nominate letting them know you nominated them and give them a link to check out your post to learn all about the Liebster!
My 11 Questions with Answers:
1. What made you decide to start a blog? I needed somewhere to share all of my happiness and frustrations about being a new mom. I was in awe of my child yet overwhelmed at the same time. I had to get it out....and the blogging world seemed like the place to go. Besides, the world really needed another Mommy Blog, right?!?
2. Your dream vacation would be.......There are two places that I have always wanted to go for as long as I can remember. Paris and New York City. I am so enticed by city life, yet the biggest city I have ever really been is probably Atlanta. Sad but true. I have this fantasy that I am meant to live in am apartment with a doorman in Manhattan, work at a news station while I also work on my book and save money to start a bookstore, sip Cosmos after work, and attend all of the glamorous parties. Alas, I live in Alabama...but a girl can dream! And Paris is my biggest dream! One day all of these things will come together for me!
3. Your go to comfort food? Would it be strange if I said Deer Jerky? Cuz I just did...and it's true. I live and die for that stuff! It's my crack.
4. Your favourite style era? The roaring '20s. I love the Flapper look.
5. Song you could listen to 400,354, 245 times in a row...3AM by Matchbox Twenty...Definitely my music when I am in one of THOSE moods.
6. Wine, Beer, or Liquor? Wine..Moscato d'Asti to be exact.
7. What is the one book you could read over again? All of the Harry Potters...and I have done it..multiple times.
8. Is there a goal your working on right now? What is it? All of these things! But if I have to choose just one, it is definitely trying to work on myself as a person. Being the best mother to Ella and partner to KT that I can. Trying to let go of things from the past that seem to keep creeping up on me and hindering me even now. There are a lot of things buried deep that I need to just let go of, but I am really struggling. I think I need a shrink. Any recommendations?? Just kidding...kinda..not really.
9. If someone gave you a butt load of cash to go back to school, would you go? What for? ABSOLUTELY!! I am a firm believer in education and that you can never truly get enough of it. The day I stop learning new things is the day you should be worried about me. Seriously. I think a lot about what I would get my Masters in, especially lately since I have been considering it, but I haven't narrowed it down yet. Library Sciences, Journalism, Business, etc..I am a little torn on what will benefit me the most at this point. Any suggestions??
10. Are you for or against plastic surgery? I am for whatever makes you the happiest. Who am I to say what you should or should not do with your body? I may not want any plastic surgery right now, but who knows what the future will hold. Because let's be honest, there are certain parts of your body that just never look the same after having kids....or BREASTFEEDING!!!
11. What TV show are you into right now? We have been watching Resurrection and Mixology onDemand. I like them both, but Resurrection had really better start doing some explaining here soon!
My 11 Random Facts:
1. As mentioned before, I Google a lot. Like a lot a lot.
2. As a matter of fact, I think my ideal job would be a fact checker (one that actually made good money) because I love to check and see if someone is actually correct when they spew random facts, especially if they are trying to challenge me on something I said.
3. I have a degree in Political Science, don't ask me why...
4. I really love to read. I even have my own Book Club and yeah, it IS pretty awesome.
5. Ella literally changed my entire life, but she made it better than I ever thought another human being could.
6. I don't drink soda..except the occasional Root Beer...
7. I have an entire kit to do Yoga, but I have actually only ever used it twice..but if you hear me talk about "doing my yoga" you would think I did it everyday.
8. I have wanted to move out of Alabama for as long as I can remember, yet at 25, I'm still here. Go figure.
9. I love to go shopping even if I don't buy anything. I am also more prone to buy one very expensive item of very good quality versus buying a ton of cheap things that will break or tear in a month.
10. I really enjoy volunteering and interacting with other people of different backgrounds to learn about them and their life.
11. I was very serious earlier about always wanting to learn new things. I strongly believe that to keep our minds sharp and to also keep them open, we must always go out of our way to learn new things. This includes learning about different types of people, so that we can constantly learn to be more compassionate for others. This is the way I try to live my life, and it is also one of the most important things that I hope to teach to Ella.
Blogs I choose:
1. Solitary Spark--A Creative Writing Blog
2. Chasing Dragons
3. Skinny Latte Mommy
5. Letters to Sophia
6. Eva Marie Taylor
Your 11 Questions:
1. What has been the hardest part of blogging so far?
2. What has been the easiest part of blogging so far?
3. You have one day completely to yourself to do with as you please, what are you doing?
4. What is the last book you read?
5. If you had an open airline ticket to anywhere, where would you end up?
6. What's the best piece of advice you could give your children or future children?
7. What song is on your playlist that you are embarrassed to admit that you secretly rock out to when no one is around?
8. You are headed to a child's birthday party, do you wrap the gift or put it in a bag?
9. Your favorite place to go when you need some time to yourself?
10. You are given $10,000, but you only have one hour to spend it. What do you buy?
11. What is the biggest difference between the life you saw for yourself ten years ago and the life you actually have now?
Yay for my Liebster! Thanks so much Shauna! Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!